First of all, I know this is 100% my fault and am not upset or asking for a replacement or anything. Secondly, long story short, I am not sure what was going through my head but the first measurement that I tried to make with my Pokit (NOT Pro) was 120VAC from a nearby power strip. This did not work, obviously, as there is a max rating of 60V. My bad. There was a bit of a snap, and now the only measurement that I can make is temperature. I'm sure that I overloaded a pathway in the circuit board, because even after I swapped the fuse for the spare, no readings at all. My question is this; if I find and reconnect any broken pathways on the board, should the meter return to a functional state? Not sure I would count on super accuracy after this but I would at least love to use it before my Pokit Pro gets here.. Thank you!
Please sign in to leave a comment.