Welcome back to the third weekly update for Pokit Pro! Another week and we remain on schedule, and we plan to keep this the case all the way up until shipping out units. Here’s the rundown on what we’ve achieved in the past week and where we’re currently at:
In the past week, we’ve completed procuring components for production, and this can now be seen in green in the diagram. All components are now ordered and on schedule which we are really pleased about.
We’ve also finished approving all the tool drawings (the machines that will build the plastic parts). This will allow our manufacturers to start producing the tools that make the Pokit Pro enclosures. This is an exciting and crucial step in finalising production preparation.
For Pokit Pro’s cable, we’ve been scouring the world to source a specific type of cable that’s rated for test measurement tools. Originally, we could only find a supplier with a 16-week lead time, which was too long for our liking. We couldn’t afford to use any other style of cable, and if we changed from this cable it could’ve potentially delayed the whole production due to redevelopments. We were persistent, and we managed to find a supplier who can meet our timeframe. A big sigh of relief!
Fun fact: We need just under 12km of cable for the first production run!
We’ve received word from our manufacturers that we will receive our initial batch of PCBs (printed circuit boards) at the end of March. These will arrive before Pro’s plastic components, so we will be able to run verification and testing on the production PCBs earlier than anticipated. Up to this stage, we’ve only tested on prototype PCBs, so it will be interesting to see how they perform.
We’re currently in contact with the certification test house to book in a time to have Pokit Pro certified.
Images from our tool verification report
We’re at the tail end of embedded and focusing more on verification and smaller bug fixes, and we’ve also been working on optimising the RAM usage to free up as much space as possible for the logger function
We’ve had a few issues this week in displaying the multichannel graphs, but we are getting close to wrapping up the multichannel oscilloscope. We’re still working on finding bugs and fixing them, but we are getting less and less with each week.
I'm excited for my new toy :D Love the updates btw!
Andrew Z We're glad to hear that!
Please sign in to leave a comment.