How to get the Pokit Wear OS App
- Ensure that your Android smartwatch is connected to your phone
- Open the Pokit App on the Google Play Store
- Press ‘Install’, then select the checkboxes to install to your phone and smartwatch
- If you have the Pokit App installed to your phone already, press the ‘Available on more devices’ dropdown to find your smartwatch. Press ‘Install’.
The Pokit App will now appear on your Android smartwatch!
How to connect your Pokit device to your Android smartwatch
- Open the Pokit App on your phone and connect your Pokit device
- Enter Multimeter mode and leave your phone switched on
- Open the Pokit Wear OS App on your Android smartwatch
Here are some further points about how the Pokit Wear OS App works:
- Your Pokit device does NOT connect directly to your Android smartwatch.
- You will need to keep the Pokit App open on your phone.
- The Pokit App on your phone transfers the Multimeter view from your phone to your Android smartwatch.
- Currently, the Pokit Wear OS App only displays Multimeter mode. It does not display Oscilloscope and Logger modes.
- To change the Multimeter measurement Mode, you must make the change on your phone, which will change the measurement Mode on your smartwatch.
- The Wear OS app will display ‘Device disconnected’ if you are measuring in Multimeter mode and your Pokit device is disconnected for whatever reason. Usually this will be if the Pokit device’s battery is low or if your phone is out of range.
- The Wear OS app will display ‘App disconnected’ if your Android smartwatch cannot connect to your phone (e.g. Pokit app is closed or minimised, phone is turned off, Bluetooth is turned off).
- Reminder that only Multimeter mode is displayable on the Wear OS app currently.
- If any screen other than Multimeter mode is open on the Pokit mobile app (e.g. Devices, Oscilloscope, Logger), the Wear OS app will not display any values.