We’ve gotten a new appreciation for how hard it is to develop a product like the Pokit Pro to a standard that is acceptable and of good quality. When we first developed the Kickstarter prototype, Pokit Pro it was a 300V 5A CAT II design. Listening to feedback from our early backers we decided to change it to a 600V 10A CAT III design, this made all of the challenges in making it significantly harder. For example, with CAT III 600V 12.5mm of clearance is required between internal and external components but the whole body is only 24mm wide so we had to develop a lot of ways of finding space while maintaining the required clearances between the different parts of the circuits and the circuits and the user.
Another issue was just dissipating the heat from the fuse. We had to develop a special plastic that could handle the heat that hasn’t been used before in this kind of product. We worked closely with material manufacturers to develop the plastic used. Pokit Pro’s challenges would have been significantly easier to overcome if we made it larger but we committed to keeping it as small as possible. Finally, on top of all the product design issues, we had to develop a production process to actually be able to deliver a product in this size.
Please sign in to leave a comment.