There are a few reasons why you might not be able to connect to Pokit. Here is a step by step guide on how to properly connect to your Pokitmeter.
- Ensure your mobile device has Bluetooth enabled
- Both iOS and Android require location permissions to enable BLE in an App, so ensure you accept the permission request, when prompted
- Make sure the battery insulation tab has been removed
- Check your Pokit battery is not flat (Always use a high quality, branded battery)
- Insert the battery with the "+" sign facing up, as shown:
The correct way to connect a Pokit to a mobile device is through the official App.
- First, make sure that Pokit is NOT CONNECTED to your device or any other device. Once connected Pokit won't be discoverable anymore.
- Open the Pokitmeter App and wait until your device appears in the list. An example of available devices looks something like this:
- Once your Pokit has been identified by the app, tap on the name to connect and start measuring.
Note: It is important that you don't try to connect to Pokit through your device's Bluetooth settings. If you do, you will take Pokit out of Discovery Mode and the app won't recognise it.
If you've tried all the above you can try the following to diagnose issues:
Install a Bluetooth Scanner App, for example:
- The BLU Tool App for iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/blu-tool/id1013013325?mt=8
- The BLE Scanner App for Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.macdom.ble.blescanner
Once you install it you can start scanning for devices and Pokit should show up in the list:
If the Scanner shows "Pokit" listed but you can't see it in the Pokitmeter App, then the problem is most likely related to the App Bluetooth permissions. You can confirm the location and BLE permissions are enabled for the Pokitmeter app from the Android settings menu. Uninstalling and re-installing the app is an easy way to fix any permission issues.
If you don't see Pokit in the app, then it could be that your Pokitmeter is connected to a different device. Remove the battery, re-insert it and try scanning again. If you still do not see it appear in the device list, it is possible your Pokitmeter is damaged. Please contact our support team.